Have you ever wanted a Princess bedroom? By this, I do not mean a hot pink bedroom with a white canopy bed and Cinderella themed sheets. I mean a special bedroom retreat, a relaxing refuge from the busy day, a place fit for, well…a Princess!
In a Princess bedroom there are probably rules too…like the following:
- Children are not allowed to burst the door open, jump on the bed after running around barefoot outside, make flatulent noises or spill bright colored beverages.
- There is absolutely no talk of bills, errands to run or upcoming school/extra-curricular events.
- There are no clocks, no alarms and no electronic devices that can create an annoying sound.
- Household pets will never shed a hair, leave a dirty paw print or any other unpleasant treat to be discovered only when you step in it, at 3 a.m., in the dark.
- Clothes will put themselves away in the closet and the dresser.
- The bed will always be made. Always.
- And most importantly, a Princess bedroom will NOT look like this:
This is the kind of bedroom I have wanted for a long time. For four years to be exact (that’s when we purchased our older home). It’s now time to make this dream a reality. While I can’t make the clothes put themselves away, I can get rid of the crap-tastic aluminum blinds and the wobbly ceiling fan. I can create an oasis of peace and calm with furniture and paint, but what I need first is a little inspiration:
Well, there you have it! A few photos I’ve saved that have inspired me to tackle the Master Bedroom Before-N’-After. Stay tuned for some reveals and let me know what you think of these bedrooms!!
Copyright 2012. The Savvy Seeker blog by Erin Hurley-Brown. All Rights Reserved.